- Andrea Maki, Founder, 2010
Visit the Denis Hayes Portfolio Fund here: bit.ly/EarthDayGV
See WLP focal points below. Learn more about our collaborative range-work at Wild Wilds.
• Success requires fluid co-existence between stakeholders, vested interest by the region, community engagement and benefit.
• Humane, fiscally responsible, sustainable population management, Native PZP-1YR.
• Nurture the legacy of western wild horses in conjunction with all indigenous wildlife species within this unique ecosystem on our public lands.
• Fluid co-existence with livestock where applicable.
• Support a healthy, genetically viable native herd and ecosystem, in a lasting manner for future generations to equally experience, nurture, treasure.
Learn more about the mission of Wild Love Preserve.
IDAHO BLM SETS HEARING ON USE OF HELICOPTERS, MOTORIZED VEHICLES FOR WILD HORSE MANAGEMENT, CHALLIS HERD
For the last 9 years Wild Love Preserve has worked to protect and humanely manage the Challis wild horses. Thank you in advance for sharing comments in support of Wild Love Preserve’s collaborative work on the Challis HMA and our population management program implementing Native PZP-1YR, which commenced following the 2012 Challis BLM Helicopter Roundup, as a humane and responsible solution to wild horse management on public lands, versus helicopter roundups and removals at taxpayer expense. Wild Love Preserve's wild horse conservation programs, on and off the range, have saved taxpayers over $7.5 million dollars since 2013. Watch Wild Love Preserve's narrated video story.
In 2012 Wild Love Preserve received grants from the ASPCA and the Vitalogy Foundation for five WLP volunteers to train at the Science and Conservation Center and receive EPA required certification to remotely deliver Native PZP-1YR in the field. In 2016, WLP founder, Andrea Maki, orchestrated and helped in teaching The Science and Conservation Center’s PZP training course for Idaho BLM employees from Idaho’s six Herd Management Areas, along with WLP partners at the Youth Employment Program of Idaho.
For information about Wild Love Preserve’s work on the Challis HMA, and all 6 herd management areas in Idaho, which includes explanation of Native PZP-1YR, visit: Wild Wilds
1) Allocate more resources to fund and implement Wild Love Preserve's 5-year cooperative agreement with the BLM, which engages stakeholders, youth programs, and benefits the community.
2) Wild Love Preserve has demonstrated, via our programs and boots-on-the-ground implementation, that coexistence, humane treatment and sustainable management, protecting wild lives and indigenous habitats, and saving tax dollars, all work together within our multi-faceted model. WLP programs have saved American taxpayers over $7.5 million dollars since 2013.
3) Wild Love Preserve's inclusive conservation efforts offer a viable option to government helicopter roundups and removals, integrating total range health, collective harmony, balanced co-existence with indigenous wildlife, and livestock where applicable. The Native PZP-1YR fertility vaccine, which has proven safe and effective for over 25 years, is a key component of our multi-faceted conservation program. Educating stakeholders and the public to alternative options in collectively managing wild horse populations on native turf, by way of demonstration and implementation, serves to benefit other wild horse regions in western states, stakeholders, surrounding communities, and taxpayers.
4) Implement bait trap gather with hay, water or mineral blocks, in conjunction with PZP fertility program.
Thank you for your kindness, time, and support, and for being considerate in your comments to the Idaho BLM.
Sincerely, Andrea Maki, Founder
-Andrea Maki, Founder
Spring has arrived and we’re sharing the March-April 2019 issue of Pet Connection Magazine featuring a story about Wild Love Preserve and our work in saving Idaho's wild horses on their native turf by bringing stakeholders together to work collaboratively on behalf of our collective whole. This greater Seattle area publication is available online + in print. To read “Hope and Heroism For America’s Wild Horses,” click here: bit.ly/pet-connect-mag-wild-love
For a downloadable PDF version of Pet Connection Magazine, visit:
Together, we keep the wild, wild.
Big News From Stone + Pearl Jam
Stone Gossard and Pearl Jam's Vitalogy Foundation have committed $20K towards Wild Love Preserve’s campaign to preserve western wild horses in their native habitats and nurture the legacy of indigenous ecosystems as an interconnected whole.
For more visit Pearl Jam News, Pearl Jam’s Instagram + Twitter Feed
Will you JOIN STONE + PJ AND help us meet our GOAL to raise $75K by March 16?
We celebrate, recognize, appreciate, respect, and believe in the love, power, and inherent strength of all ladies, two-legged and four, winged and finned, young and old.
Happy International Women’s Day from the wild side!
For more visit: WLP Adoption Project
HAPPY HEARTS DAY FROM WILD LOVE
“Wild Love Preserve is named such because it is dedicated to the greater good of our wild planet, now and for future generations, centering on humanity, compassion, sustainability, two-legged accountability and our responsibility to the whole.” —Andrea Maki
Our mailing address is : Wild Love Preserve
8202 NE State Highway 104, Suite 102-33,
Kingston, WA 98346
Our appreciation is immeasurable. Thank you for considering a tax-deductible contribution and for sharing our campaign with your circles. Please feel free to contact us with questions or other inquiries .
Andrea + Team Wild Love
Thank you for being part of Wild Love Preserve's legacy in lasting wildness.
LOVE IS ACTION
ANDREA MAKI: IN WILD EYES, 2010-11
A Traveling Installation To Promote Support + Awareness
Wishing You a Wild, Happy + Prosperous Twenty-Nineteen!
Andrea + Team Wild Love
8202 NE State Highway 104, #102-33 • Kingston, WA 98346
Wild Love Preserve is a 501(c)3 Nonprofit, Effective August 2010, Tax ID #27-3729450
"And in the end,
all that matters is what we gave
and how we loved."
Wishing You Happy Holidays From The Wild Side,
Andrea + Wild Love
Into the wild. Back into the light. The Winter Solstice has arriveD!
How about a perfect holiday gift that spreads love all year long?
Calendars are available thru January. Purchase by Dec. 15 to receive by Dec. 24.
Click here to purchase: 2019 Wild Love Calendar
Because it resonates more than ever, this timeless message has always been cornerstone to my being, my art, and therefore, the mission of Wild Love Preserve: Be thankful for one another 365 days a year.
“Walk in all shoes. Be kind, respect differences, act on behalf of our greater good, and spread love.”
Thank you for your belief and support in Wild Love.
Andrea + Team Wild Love
-Andrea Maki, July 1, 2014
This truth remains, as does our perseverance and due diligence.